How to Learn Meditation
At our age, why learn how to meditate?
Time is one of the few commodities we cannot save or store. Even as seniors with more time with most, we need to use it wisely. Everyone is allotted 24 hours in a day -- what will you do with it.
It would seem spending 1/2 to one hour sitting perfectly still doing nothing might easily fall into the category of a useless activity devouring precious time.
Well, let's look at the benefits achieved through regular meditation practice. Then you will realize this is not a time waster and provides great benefits to us!
Have you ever heard this one?
Prayer is where you talk to God, Meditation is where you Listen...
Meditation Quotes here.
First, How Meditation Benefits YOU!
Why should we meditate? Oh so many reasons!
- Regular practice actually sharpens the mind so you will achieve more in a shorter time period.
- Science has proven the mind/body connection exists. When achieving the Alpha, Theta and Delta brainwave states we actually reduce production of the stress hormone cortisol. Stress is now considered by many to be responsible for upwards of 95% of all human dis-ease.
- Allows for the body's immune system to function efficiently.
- Reduces high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- You may experience a greater sense of closeness to Source. (God, Infinite Intelligence, etc.)
- Most problems experienced by humanity are created while in the Beta or thinking brain state. Therefore we cannot resolve them by staying in Beta; we need to go into deeper brainwave patterns.
- Meditation quiets the "noise" or constant self-talk in the mind; allowing for us to receive answers to problems, questions or situations. That means LESS ANXIETY!
- Meditation creates new neural pathways between the left and right hemispheres, balancing the brain. Through this process fear, phobias, anxiety and worry begin to dissipate.
- An overall sense of well-being and harmony with everyone and everything.
- Now let's face it; that's quite a shopping list with compelling reasons why we should meditate. Unfortunately many are unwilling to trade time for the benefits. However if you do make the time, ultimately you develop laser sharp focus with even greater performance levels. In the end, you accomplish a great deal more in much less time.
Quickly Entering Into Zen-Like Meditation States
One of the first techniques I used was sound technology employing binaural beats which have been proven to balance the left and right hemispheres.
The results are immediate. Within a few minutes of putting on the headphones your left and right hemispheres are balanced in a Zen-like state. Within weeks of using binaural beat technology I began experiencing profound shifts in my thinking, attitude and many would even say my appearance.
Now you can easily decide if meditation is a waste of your time. I tell you, it is not.
You can also read more about meditation here as part of the Workshop provided by this site!